As a business that is growing quickly it is a great time to join us, as we are looking for talented and bright people across a range of areas within our team.
Please send a copy of your CV and Covering Letter detailing the vacancy you are interested in along with your salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please click on each job title to expand the panel to show further details on the vacancy:
Shift Production Operators
Deeside Cereals (formerly Dailycer UK Ltd)
Great People Great Products
Shift Production Operators Required – Packing Experience Essential!
Deeside, North Wales
£ 23,122.32 (new starter rate – during 6 month probation is £8.21 ph + premiums) rising to £24,856.91 on successful completion of probationary period is £9.072 ph + premiums
Following a 3 shift Pattern – This is a 12 hour shift pattern working over a 5 day week with 1 Sunday start up every 6 weeks.
We also offer an attractive benefits package which includes:
- Generous holiday entitlements, increasing with length of service
- Subsidised canteen facilities, staff shop, free parking and paid lunch breaks
- Enrolment in to GPP pension scheme with life assurance benefits included
If you have packing experience and have worked shifts in a high-volume food production environment within a manufacturing facility this could be the perfect role for you!
Deeside Cereals is one of the largest private label manufacturers of traditional breakfast cereal and cereal bars. Our position as a market leader is as a result of more than 30 years of continuous growth. Deeside Cereals has captured the market, delivering into the UK Big 4 retailers in UK and Ireland as well as EU retailers across Europe.
Following an increase in demand for cereals and cereal bar sales and some internal job promotions we have a number of shift vacancies available, specifically within our packing line. Working in an autonomous role the ideal candidate MUST have experience working within a packing line.
Overtime is available and paid at time and half from Monday to Saturday and double time on Sundays.
The role is based at Deeside (Zone 2 of Deeside Industrial Park) and reports directly to the shift Line Leader.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Responsibility for ensuring that all finished product specifications are complied with during each production run
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the product being produced and packed and the relevant paperwork to support this.
- Maintain a constant supply of raw materials/ingredients and packaging to the production line.
Experience & know how include:
- A good standard of general education is required in English and Maths
Problem solving skills are essential
Experience working on a packing line or within a mechanically biased role is essential
Packing line change over experience is essential
- A sound working knowledge of the food industry with experience of working within GMP (good manufacturing practices) is essential
- Basic Food Hygiene Level 1 or 2 is a distinct advantage but training will be given
- An FLT licence is also an advantage.
- Ability to use initiative and judgement in identifying and correcting production faults and stoppages and ordering raw materials and packaging to ensure a constant production run is achieved.
Verbal and Numerical testing will be conducted at first stage, candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to attend a competency based interview and may be asked to participate in assessment exercises.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to the HR Department
Applicants are asked to only apply for this role if they have packing line or have worked in a mechanically biased role only.